Zentyal for Network Technicians
Zentyal for Network Technicians is a basic course in Linux small business server management with Zentyal. The course is aimed at IT technicians with basic knowledge in computer networks. At completion of this 30-hour course, the students should be able to deploy Zentyal as a network gateway and to manage the IT infrastructure and security in small and medium businesses. This course prepares for the ZeCT certification exam.
- Provide the basic understanding of computer network management and Linux.
- Provide practical experiences in Linux network management.
- Allow to deploy functional network infrastructure and gateway for a small and medium business.
- Allow to guarantee the security of a computer network against external attacks.
- Prepare for the Zentyal Certified Technician (ZeCT) certification exam.
Download full course description.
The course will take approximately 30 hours to complete. Once the user name and password are provided, the students will have up to 30 days to complete the contents and exercises of the on-line course.
Who should attend
IT technicians with basic knowledge in computer networks, who are interested in deploying Zentyal as a gateway or for infrastructure or unified threat management. This course can also be offered in collaboration with training centers, vocational schools and universities, specially for first year system administration students.
Basic knowledge in computer networks. The following requirements apply to the on-line course students:
- Experience: To be able to install and configure Zentyal using Virtualization technology.
- Software requirements: Having installed and configured VirtualBox 4.x, Ubuntu Server LTS ISO and Zentyal Installer.
- Minimum hardware requirements: 2GHz processor, 3GiB RAM.